Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What a difference the daylight makes



Woke up this morning with the sunlight. Looks as if someone chased the rain god away for a bit. The funny thing about rain is that its good for the plants etc and we need it for water supplies but we all moan when its here. I would really like it, if it just fell at night time when we were sleeping. That way the plants would be happy and so would we.




Got kind of stuck into my heart shaped sox last night. I've now worked out the pattern in my head so all I need to do now is get it on paper and I've designed my first pattern. Maybe not entirely my first but the first one I'll put on paper anyway. I'm just hopeless at chart writing. Í'll see what I can come up with.


Tomorrow I'm off to A'dam again. This time for the 7's. Hopefully the weather will stay nice for it. Got my 16 teams so things should work out. I've managed to couple it with a business trip to the Hague so I won't be back in sunny Berlin for over a week :o(. Poor bunny has to go to the bunny hotel for a while. She likes it there anyway. The woman there thinks she's very hubsch. Well she is. She's just camera shy. This phot was taken in our old house in A'dam but as you can see, she doesn't really like cameras and decided to go hide in her usual place. She likes it under there for some strange reason. Even here in the new house she still does it.
I have to go and do some real work now :o( I don't want to. I want to stay outside and enjoy the sunshine.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ve the colour and the pattern looks good too. Looking forward to seeing the finished socks.

Rachael said...

Okay- I love these- rally great work Jules. Do write it down.. please. I know easier said than done.

Unknown said...

Yes, Holland is not much better either for driving. Love driving on the autobahns though. The first time was very stressful and scray but I got used to it.
(in response to your message on my blog)

Unknown said...

Cool! I like your version of heart socks much better than the only other version I've seen:

http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns2/socks/creme-heart-sock.html

I was planning on making the Creme socks, minus the stupid random texture under neath the hearts...

Kristine said...

I like your heart pattern. I was trying to do something with the "Heart Lace" on this page (scroll down), but yours looks better to me. If you get it written up sometime soon, I'll look forward to seeing the difference! :)

Fabienne said...

oh that sock looks awesome! (i got here via the knit pligg) i have yet to find yarn or a pattern for my sockapalooza pal, i'm totally stumped. btw i live in the same city as you.

Fabienne said...

ok i'm a total dork, you sat next to me at the stricktreff on wednesday, hah. (i just read a few posts back). well now i know what your blog address is! *smile*

triconette said...

They look really really nice! I made these: http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns2/socks/creme-heart-sock.html
'We' (a group of Dutch crafters) make this year all kind of things with hearts in all different techniques (http://berthi.web-log.nl/berthi/2007/02/harten_project_.html but it is in Dutch) and I would love to knit your sock for it too... so, please write it down, it's great.