Friday, May 11, 2007

N'er cast a clout til Mai is oot

Who ever made up that old wives point of view was 100% correct. Its freezing here. Okay so the thermometer hasn't dropped below 10° and its not technically freezing but its horrible, wet, windy and me no likey so there. I even left my bike at work last night, borrowed my colleague's brolley and U-Bahned it home.


It wasn't really all that unpleasant. I even got to stop at Friedrichstraße for some grocery shopping or messages as we call it in Glasgow. Anyway got the old DDR feeling when I had to que to get into the supermarket there. Seemingly lots of other people had left their bikes at work, U-Bahned it home and thought 'oh, there's a supermarket at Freidrichstraße and its under cover and I won't have to go out in this pissy wet weather and get soaked' so they got there before me and I had to wait until a few people had left before the security guard would let me in. It was either that or he thought I was going to hold up the store.


Anyway got home, relatively dry. Sat on my bum and finished the Aedelweiss Socks or however you spell them. My tootsies were cold so I put them on straight away. Of course they fit perfectly and are nice and snuggly. Immediately started on a pair of lace heart socks. The pattern is in dutch but its easy enough to decipher. If I get stuck I can always ask Omi.


At the momement my aim is to reduce my stash and actually use some of the yarn I have instead of keeping it in boxes and occassionally petting it. Also my bunny likes knabbeling the boxes and has created rather large holes in them so its either put the yarn in bunny proof boxes or use the stuff. I think I'll have more fun using it. I have given myself a small incentive though. The more stuff I knit from the stash. The sooner I get to replace it :o) Dunno if himself will like that but he sometimes gets the fruits of my labour.
See I can actually post piccies occassionally. Even if they are out of focus and are more of a work in progress than anything else. These were finished before going to Belgium for the Tour de Geuze and himself loves them. Made from Regia Bamboo. He swears the keep his feet from smelling. You know what? I believe him :o). Don't think he'll object if I buy more bamboo yarn for his big sweaty feet. He's a size 46-47 in EU sizes. Not nice when you're doing the gussets but since he likes plain socks it makes great tv knitting. Think I got most of these done watching Germany's next Top Model by Heidi Klum. My favourite crapy tv program by far. I can't stand watching all the dubbed stuff so its either Sex and the City dvd's or that. Mind you the Simpsons in German are hillarious.
Oh and its now thunder, lightning and torrential rain. I've still to go out for lunch and I'm not looking forward to it. Looks like the colleague's brolly again and a walk along to the imbiß.

No comments: