Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finally

Okay so I'm not the brightest spark when it comes to computers and uploading and downloading stuff but I've managed it. I've got the pdf uploaded and in my links section of the blog. That means, those of you who have been clamouring for the pattern, Go for it :o) Its under HSS pattern

Just noticed a small mistake. It should read repeat rows 15-26 x 3 or how many times you like.

Here's the key

= knit
/ = knit 2 tog
○ = yarn over
\ = ssk (slip slip knit or knit 2 tog throug back of loop)
▲ = slip 1, k2 tog, pass slipped stitch over


Last night while playing about with my socks, I decided indeed that I really hated the heel so I frogged it. Then did a short row hell. Not sure if it was the sherman as I was working from my own memory rather than the computer's but it turned out a lot better and tightened up the ankle area. So my recomendations are, if you're going to knit this and you're a loose knitter then use a short row heel or an afterthought heel. If you are going to do a heel flap and gusset, then I suggest you do the gusset decreases on every row rather than every 2nd. That should also stop nora batty syndrom socks.


Next Friday I'll be off galavanting again. I'm off home this time. Himself is going to Ameland Beach Rugby. I was supposed to be going too but have decided that I would much rather go home to scotland and get rained on than on some northern dutch island where it also rains a lot. I've had enough of that here in the past few days so I'm hoping that Glasow will look a bit like the piccie on the right when I get there. And not the one down here on the left. Will also stop in on some friends and maybe even get to meet my sisters newish boyfriend. I say newish because he's been on the books for a while now but I've yet to meet him. You get that when you live in different countries though.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Thanks for the sock pattern. I just started another pair , but these will be next on my needles. When I am finished I will share a picture. Have fun in Scotland

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.