Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Blizten and Broken Brittnay's



We were off to the Schnizelwirtin last night. Monday night is schnitzel night at the Andechserhof Hotel on our street. Its eat as much as you want but if you can finish one then you're doing well. Seemingly one wee skinny bloke ate 6 of them but I'm not sure I believe it. I reckon its an urban myth.

After sunday night's 'party' we decided to take it easy so after stuffing ourselves we went back home and chilled out. Unfortunately for me, I was all fingers and thumbs and managed to knit NOTHING. Well I did knit some stuff but frogged it, started again, frogged it started again and frogged it.


During one of my start from scratch attempts, my brittnay's broke :o( I was not impressed. I'm a kind of chilled knitter and don't even put a lot of tension on the needles so I can't understand why the thing snapped. Okay so its a 2.25mm (us size 2 I think) but that shouldn't make a difference. So one broken needle, half a dozen attempts at a pink sock with hearts, toe up, toe down and whatever way I tried, one frayed temper and no chocolate, I decided to go to bed.




About 3am this morning, I thought things were exploding around me. There was an almighty simultanious flash and bang with the sound riccocheting around the small hof at the back of our house. The lightning must have been directly overhead or something. So no I haven't slept well, yes I am a grumpy git and yes I will get better just as soon as I get some tea down my neck and some food in my tummy.


Off to the canteen for chocolate. Oh I know I'm on a diet but sometimes a girl really needs chocolate. Like NOW


No comments: