Monday, May 28, 2007

That was the week that was

Phew is the only way I can put it. Almost 2 weeks of running around like mad, working like crazy and almost no knitting, I really need a break.

The tournament went really well. 16 womens teams, 54 men's teams and 11 vets teams, all turned up to play and we had a great time. The beer was flowing and the sun was shining right up until the men's final. The rain, however didn't cast too much of a shaddow on the festivities. Have a look at this and you'll see what I mean. I do warn you, there is some nudity :o) For those of you who would rather see some fully clothed players, this what the tournament is really about. Its in dutch but you'll get the jist of it I think.

The monday after is traditionally 'Bloody Mary Monday' at the cafe Corso. This is what I can only describe as an experience. It doesn't matter what you order, be it coffee, coke, beer or water; you get a bloody mary. I managed a couple but the problem is that they go down far too easily so I opted for sobriety, left and went to have a proper breakfast, go back home and get some sleep.

On the way back to Berlin on Friday I had another adventure. This time KLM were not to blame. It was the weather gods this time. Looks like I upset them again by putting my winter jackets away. We were delayed by 30 mins with take off, then we circled over Berlin for another half hour. We landed at the wrong airport and waited for 45 mins till the ground staff were allowed out again to refuel and handle the baggage. The turbulance was excellent fun and the light show in the clouds below was great so it wasn't all in all an unpleasant experience. Oh and this time, I checked in online so that they couldn't give my seat away and make me sit next to the hugest, smelliest person on the plane. I'm fat myself so I prefer to sit next to skinny people so that I can hang over onto their seat too.

In 1.5 weeks I managed to knit 0 rows, rounds or even frog anything. I brought my knitting with me of course on bamboo so that it could come with me in the plane, extra yarn just in case I finished the heart shaped sox and wanted to start on something different. Mr Murphy must have been pointing his sodding law book in my direction as you could bet your life that if I hadn't brought my knitting along I would have had a nano second in which to whip out the sticks and rattle off 2 pairs of socks and a jumper. It wasn't until Saturday just gone that managed to sit down and knit for a bit. Turned the heel and thought.......yeuk. Unfortunately I'll need to keep going until I get nearer the toe before I decide to frog the heel and go for the sherman. It just looks too loose and baggy at the moment but it will probably fit my fat ankles perfectly. We'll see.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

LOL,
Glad you are back safe and sound. I rolled at the you tube of the naked guy beer bank surfing. Killer. Sounds like you had a great time even if you didn't have time to knit.