Thursday, May 17, 2007

Amsterdammed

Back in the dam after an almost trouble free flight. Every time I fly KLM something goes wrong. This time my luggage nearly ended up on a flight to Tel Aviv. Seemingly there were only 5 passengers or something who were actually stopping in Amsterdam. The rest of the flight from Berlin were flying onto various other places. Tel Aviv being one of them and all 5 passengers who should have picked up their luggage in Amsterdam had to go to the KLM info desk to be told that their luggage would follow them a few days later. Not impressed but after some gentle persuasion (me shouting my head of in Dutch) they agreed to get someone to go get the luggage from the baggage tolley and bring it to us pronto I mean the flight wasn't taking off for another few hours so it should have been easy enough. As it turns out it was and me's is now very happy coz at least I will now have clean underwear for tomorrow.

the link on my blog appears to be working for me but doesn't appear to be working for anyone else. I really will have to work out how to do the pdf thingie. As soon as the 7's is over and I've got some free time and I can work out how exactly one converts word or excel into pdf I'll post it.

Right now I'm waiting on a phone call to tell me what exactly we're supposed to be up to and what still needs to get done before everything kicks off on Friday evening. For those of you curious about the rugby weekend the website is www.amsterdamsevens.com the website isn't brilliant but at least you'll get the picture. Its ususally a lot of half nacked blokes in rugby gear running round the pitch and looking very gorgeous which is one of the reasons I'm still doing part of the organising for this tournament. Free eye candy the whole weekend. And as I'm normally at the jury cabin where most players and people come by at some point in time, I get to see almost everything except the games. Well I do get to see a couple of those. Me and Tessa (a good rugby friend and ex team mate) started it up last year for the first time. We're called the Corolettes, named after cafe Corso in A'dam. Its the best rugby pub in the world and James the owner sponsors us AND the Corso Marauders. This year we've got a bit of tough competition though. We'll see. The tournament is always a surprise when it comes to the women's teams.

Phone's ringing now so better go and get things done.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Hey- half naked blokes- I'm in! Have a great weekend. I'm glad you were able to save your luggage.

ZaftigWendy said...

The easiest and cheapest way to convert Word or other documents to PDF is through this site:
http://www.expresspdf.com/

Happy Knitter said...

If you need help converting something to pdf I can help...also if you have adobe acrobat reader when you save as choose pdf file
Hope this helps if not email me at:
tonya_stewart at hotmail dot com
Very nice site