Monday, July 30, 2007

Unblogged

I'm back in the land of blogging again. It only took them over 3 days to unblock the thing and now I've got far too much to say in one post but I'll try and keep it as short as someone who's been unable to blog for the past 3 days possibly can.
Thursday night was great fun. I have been in agony for most of the weekend however it was worth it. The following photo of my arm was not caused by domestic violence but by my first rugby training in over a year. My skin will toughen up eventually. At least its better than trying to explain black eyes to the doctor. While still playing in Amsterdam I managed to get 5 black eyes in the space of 3 months. My doctor gave me domestic abuse leaflets with the first 2 and with the next one, even though I was in the emergency room in still wearing my rugby gear and covered from head to toe in mud, they wanted to call the police for me and get my gorgeous hubby (the boyfriend at the time) arrested for beating me up. Now anyone who knows Frank also knows that the concept of him giving me a smack is completely outrageous but I suppose they were only doing their job. I did have a broken cheekbone then so I can imagine that it looked quite bad from where they were standing.

We'll skip Friday's karaoke and head straight to Saturday. Went shopping, went to stricktreff and knitted away quite happily. Met up with Charlene and then went to see the 'Seamen' Frank's band. Here's a wee photo of them. The bloke in the kilt is mine :o) They were playing at a club called JWD which stands for Janz Weit Draussen. German for 'in the middle of nowhere' Well it was in the middle of nowhere but quite packed for place where the only next door neighbours are a family of ducks. They played extrememly well and got loads and loads of applause. A few of the locals even took to the dancefloor. It was a bit like the old 'dorf disco' in Attendorn but the natives were friendly, the beer was cold and the music was good. All in all it was a good night.
Back to the socks now. I'm still playing with the collinette jitterbug and on Sunday I looked at what I'd been knitting on Saturday and decided to take Gisela's advice. She reckoned that my needles were too small for the thickness of the yarn. I have to admit that she was right. I was knitting the main part of the sock up with 2.5mm's and it did look a bit to tight. I ripped back to the cuff. Knitted up with a 3mm, the bundchen is just too loose so with the 2.5's for the bundchen and then the 3mm's for the leg, its going much better and the colours are pooling in a spiral rather than the strange inkspot blob which had appeared using the 2.5's. So thanks Gisela not only for lending me 10 euries when the silly Opern Cafe wouldn't take my EC card but also for the wisedom about the needle size.




No comments: