Friday, July 13, 2007

Addictions in General

Okay so I'm addicted to knitting, wool, books and a few other things. Crafty and f!*@ abouty things. I do also (very) occassionally when the mood takes me, have a sneaky ciggarette however I am trying to stop that completely and only tend to do so when I'm out on the sauce.

Anyway, on the way to work this morning, an incident took place which has left me not only in pain but also with enough incentive never to suck on a cancer stick again.

There's me cycling to work. I decided to go down Friedrichstrasse this morning as Charlottenstrasse can be a bit iffy around 9ish when one is in a hurry. Although F-str can be just as iffy, at least there are plenty of police and traffic lights and its a haupt strasse with lots of yellow diamond signs which means that even me on a bike has right of way. I diverse again. As I was cycling along minding my own business, one of my pet hate's drove by. A BMW s.u.v. I hate those things in town but nonetheless it was there and it was driving. The passenger (sitting on the right chair in this country) was casually flicking the ash from his ciggie as his friend drove along as fast as the morning traffic would allow him. There was however, a bit of a wind and the ash of his ciggie landed straight in my eye. I yowled with pain then cycled as fast as my legs would go in order to catch up with him at the next set of traffic lights. I caught him and was extremely pleased to be able to tell him off in german with tears streaming down from my left eye. He did try to blame the big truck in front but concidering there was no passenger in that vehicle, it didn't really wash and I also knew that it was him. I did see it from my one functioning eye.

The point of this little rant is simple. If you smoke and you want to smoke in your car, please do so but flick the ash into the ashtray. That's what its there for. If you don't smoke in your car then fill it with pot pourri or whatever but then please don't fill it with pot-pourri and flick the ash out of the window onto unsuspecting cyclists or pedestrians who happen to have chosen a much more environmentally freindly way of traveling to work than sitting in a BMW s.u.v. Rant over

My book arrived today. I can't wait to get home now. I had written to Amazon to complain that one of my stricktreffers ordered her book about 1 week after me and had gotten her book last week and my delivery date still said August. 5 mins later I got shipment notification and today it arrived. Yippeee. Harry Potter next weekend and in between should be the Loop delivery. Oh my knickers are in a knot now. He he. I've just thought something up. knickers which are called 'knot now knickers' which look something like a chatstity belt. Either that its what you give to someone to destress them. 'here you go love,have some knot now knickers so that you can get yours out of the knot/twist they've just got into'

No comments: