Thursday, July 19, 2007

Toe up tragedy

I've decided that I hate toe up socks. I think in general, the principle is good i.e. you can knit and knit until you run out of yarn.
This is all fine and well if you have 2 balls of 50g or if you have 2 balls of equal length.
The thing which bugs me about toe-ups is the toe. I've tried loads of different ways and I personally like the results of the sherman toe. However I hate picking up the stitches after the toe is completed. I always end up with the wrong number and I'm sure I've dropped more than I've picked up and I find it difficult to unzipp the crocheted chain.

Maybe it was just a bad day but its now the 3rd time I've had to rip out the toe at the unzip stage and I'm getting ever so slightly annoyed with it.

The good news is, I've almost finished my cotton jeans short jacket. I know it will be a bit on the small side but hey, I don't care any more. I hate diets too. They make me more miserable than toe up socks.

Ach never mind. I'll have another go at the toe and if it works out, I'll go back on the diet and fit the jacket.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could try my toe up toe. Very easy and looks good.