Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Homesick?

The simple answer to that is NO. All I have to do is look out of the window at all that lovely rain and the homesick feeling dissappears fast. Just now the rain is bouncing almost up to the windowsill here at work and that's pretty high up off of the ground. The lighting and the thunder haven't stopped for the last 30 mins and light outside would suggest that its midnight not midday. In fact its so dark out there, the streetlights have come on. At least its better at this time of day. 2 nights ago it was between 3am and 5.30am and even with earplugs in I could still hear it so you can guess who arrvied at work with a sunny outlook. Well it wasn't me so don't look at me with that tone of voice.

On the knitting front, I've done a few things. I've knitting 1.5 pairs of Obelix socks. That's Frank's old old rugby club in NL. They have one yellow sock and one green. Mr Obelix (Patrick) will be a daddy very soon so I've knitted baby's first obelix socks. The pair that are finished are newborn size and the 0.5 of the pair is a few months old size. Just one green one to do and I'll send them off. I'm also still working on the cable rib socks but I think I'll have to rip out a bit as my gauge is a bit tight. Might have to go up a needle size if it continues.

Only 2.5 weeks to go till we're off on our honeymoon. I know its a year after the big event but timing isn't everything. We've decided to cycle from St Etienne to Paris before picking up our train to London and then Glasgow. At the moment all I can think of is 'ouch' my bum is going to hurt but it should be a load of fun. Its mostly downhill so it won't be too much work on the legs and I'm hoping that France in September will not be as wet as Berlin in August. If it is then we'll camp out at hotel and jump on a train.

Rugby wise I've not been doing much. I will be going training on Thrusday though as I like the ground better when its a bit wet and muddy. Makes sliding tackles all the more fun. I've also agreed to take on the position of forwards trainer after my holiday so that should be fun. I've never done that before so it will be something new for all of us.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

My bum hurts just thinking of all that bike riding. But it sounds like a fab trip. Sorry I haven't written. No real excuses- I have been knitting ....and reading. I reread all of the Harry Potter books in the last week and a half. There was so much stuff i just couldn't remember. Did you turn your little pirate into a sock?

Unknown said...

Where are you?

We had a wonderful time in the Mannheim area.

Did I buy sock yarn.....?