Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Quickie


Blogging was invented for rainy wet lunch times when you don't want to stick your head outside and you forgot to pick up your latest knitting project off the couch in the morning rush to get out of the door. Since taking this picture and posting it (record time of 5 minutes. Well its a record for me), the sky has become a deep shade of grey and the rain is bouncing off of the ground.

Oh joy. The weather gods are not on my side today. Not only did I forget my knitting, I also forgot my weather proofs which means that I'll be biking it back on the U-Bahn if this keeps up.

Just to cheer me up though. Here's a shot of Mrs W's shawl. Hope she likes it. If not then I'm sure one of her cronies will.

I'm really getting into my de-stashing or yarn dieting. Once I get back from Paris and before my mum-in-law gets here, I think I'll tidy the stash and see what screams at me next. I'm thinking that the baby pink kid silk night might want to jump onto a crochet hook and become a very lovely crochet scarf/wrap thing for summer.

The scary thing about tidying the stash is even though I only tidied a bit of it (the stuff I could see) I've not sorted the stuff in boxes yet. I'll need to empty out everything and perhaps weigh and catalogue stuff. Now that is scary. Perhaps I'll skip the weighing part. I never had a good relationship with scales anyway.

Back to the grindstone now

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are back and have done lots of lovely knitting!