Monday, February 09, 2009

Frank's Fuzzy Feet Finished.

Thanks to an ear infection, I've been quite industrious over the past week or so. I was off work for a whole three days and managed to get lots and lots done. Frank's fuzzy feet got finished, laminara got blocked, shawl for Joris' mum got started finished and blocked, birds nest cowl started and finished and I've started a clapotis with the wollmeise pfauen auge or whatever the colourway its called. I bought that particular lace weight ages ago to do the peacock feather shawl but the yarn didn't want to be a peacock feather shawl. I've started various projects with it only to frog after a few centimeters again because the yarn didn't want to be a laminara, a jeanie or anything else I attempted. So this very nice but stubbourn yarn got thrown into the naughty corner and left for a few months to think about its behavior and repent. Last week's bedroom and stash tidying episode brought various UFO's to light and also the naughty corner yarn came creeping out looking very sheepish (pun intended) and calling out 'I want to be a clapotis' so its becoming a clapotis (piccie to follow sometime)




The baby sock in the above photo isn't actually a baby sock, its my size 38s. I've not got tiny feet. They're kind of average but when compared to Frank's titanic sized feet, they're more like wee tiny life boats for one. Okay so the huge sock is not for a giant. Its an UN-felted Fuzzy Foot.




This is the after foto. After 2 times in the washing machine. They fit himself extremely well and have been keeping his feet all snugly. I've still got some of the wool left and I would guess that I have enough to make myself a pair but I've got that purple stuff too. Decisions decisions... I'll make up my mind some day.




You may already have guessed since this blog is kind of picture heavy but I have a new digi camera hence another photo of Laminnara. This time while its blocking on top of a towel on my bed. I love it and I've hardly had it off of my neck since it dried. Tis very warm too.




This lovely example is for my friends mum. She used to knit for everyone and however she's now quite ill and unable to knit. She's always cold when she goes to visit so I thought a nice wee wrap, shawl, tuch or something would be good for her. I used a whole ball of some italian kid silk mohair thing. Same stuff as kid silk haze but very much cheaper and in my stash (yarn diet not broken for that) and that was including the frill at the end. The instructions I got were rubbish and in typical brit style, written out row by row. I like charts. Charts are easier to read and you're less likely to loose your place. Why do the majority of UK designers insist on writing out row by row instructions (yes its rant time again) when a chart takes up less space, gives you view on what its supposed to look like without a photo and the only translating which needs done, if you need it translating, is the key. Oh and its almost idiot proof. I ended up charting the thing myself. I also ended up changing a few things and ingoring the instructions on the frill. It turned out really well and will be on its way to NL tomorrow.

Even though its Monday, I'm actually in a good mood. The weekend was good and without hangovers. Shocking considering that this weekend I was celebrating my new job, it was karaoke AND 6 nations. I'm off to Paris on Friday to watch Scotland getting humped again. This time by France. If we win the wooden spoon 3 times in a row, do we get to keep it? Actually I think its time we started selling them back to the rest of the participants. Would be nice if someone else won it for a change.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what a productive week. Cool. And your Laminaria (which is soooo much more beautiful in real life, cozy and all pretty) makes me want to cast on one of my own right away.
Thanks for your nice comment in my blog, by the way. It's really good to know that it wasn't my imagination or anything. Tammina and Gisela both already warned me about the shrinkage issue. Will hand-wash them, no question.
Next Spinning Meeting is Feb. 21st by the way. But beware, you could become seriously infected ;o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your NEW JOB!!!

Btw, your knitting "job" is quite good,too (o;

C.U.(with a silver spoon????)
Winni