Friday, June 16, 2006

Bloging Begin

Funny time to start a blog. Half way through the world cup (football, soccer or whatever you want to call it) Anyway I've started one before but never got around to keeping it up. We'll see how well I do with this one. At the moment I'm in Amsterdam but will soon be moving to Berlin. Hence the name of the blog. I wouldn't say I was a babe exactly but it has a sort of rhythm to it and its better than calling myself the berliner bitch or something equally as derrogitory.
As I mentioned earlier, we're in the middle of the football world cup which is being held in various places in Germany. I'm not really a big footie fan but when its the world cup or the european cup then I give in to the animal instincts and actually start shouting at the TV. Today NL plays the Ivory Coast. Im kind of looking forward to it but I'll miss the 1st half as I'll just be leaving work. Not to worry though Im sure they'll do okay.
Enough of football for now. I'm a rugby player, I should be talking more about rugby. In Berlin I probably won't be a rugby player any more coz they only play 7's there. 7's is for girls. Okay so I am a girl but I'm a forward and don't like too much running around.
I also do a lot of faffy things like sewing and knitting. Knitting socks is a favourite of mine and I can be seen knitting socks in pubs, cafés, in traffic jams and various other places. I make teddy bears too although I've not done that for a while. I only really make them now for special people. I've still to make one for my new nephew but I'll wait until I get to Berlin for that as I've just packed all of the stuff together.
Okay OTN at the moment is the most boring sock in the world but its for him indoors so its a labour of love really. Its grey, all grey and nothing but grey and very big coz he's got big feet. You know what they say about blokes with big feet? Yep you guessed it. Big feet.
I'll see if I can get a photo of the socks once their finished. Or maybe a work in progress. Then you'll see how boring they actually are.
That's it for the intro.I'll write more about the move to Berlin as I go along

No comments: