Monday, January 09, 2012

Hobbs

Hobbs
This is our new addition to the family. He's very wee, very cute and absolutely gorgeous.
Our older bunny, Minoes, has been very naughtly lately and we've discovered that when bunnies are very naughty and destructive (you should see the state of our new skirting boards  and some plaster work) it usually means that they are bored and lonely and since humans don't speak bunny very well, it was better to get her her own wee friend. I think moving to the new place which is bigger than the last place, has made her realise that she was the only bunny in the house. Poor wee Minoes.

Anyway, back to Hobbs. He's called Hobbs after the philosopher and also because its sounds a wee bit like hops which is what bunnies do a lot of. It so far so good with him and Minoes. She seems fine with him and hasn't attacked nearly so many evil boards of skirting or him. She did do the dominance dance but unfortunately she has started spraying bunny pee all over the place.This is a territory thing so we've moved Hobbs into his own cage now. They can decide when and if they want to move in together themselves. At the moment, Hobbs is only 12 weeks old and has the biggest back paws ever. I think that means, he might be a big bunny but I'm not sure. The woman in the shop was a bit vague. Anyway, he's landed in a house full of nutters and is very quickly getting used to everyone and everything.

On to a bit of knitting now.  I made Frank's latest Fuzzy Feet and they fit me. So I've got yet another pair of slippers. They felted a bit too much in the wash. Now on pair 2 which are going a lot slower as I have to knit them even bigger but should be okay when I've finished. If they are too big then I'm cutting a bit of and stitching them up (after felting) and if they're too wee, then I'll start again with different yarn. Maybe go and visit the new yarn shop round the corner from my work today. Might be fun :o)



No comments: