Thursday, June 03, 2010

Stashbusting


Lately, I've been trying not to cast on new things. I won't say that I've failed miserably because to an extent, I've been semi successful.
Hmm, let me think....... Finished objects compared to WIPS UFOs and new projects......... actually take that right back, i have failed miserably.
Okay so I finished a small lap blanket thing AND my new iPhone sock (see photie). I've also gotten stuck into Diana's socks which got lost, found, lost again and then frogged. This time I'm trying something new in that, i'm knitting 2 at 1 time. I have attempted that before but I gave up as too fiddly however, I appear to have gotten the hang of it now. Icidentally, Diana has only been waiting for her socks since September 09. Not good.

I think I'll be trying the 2 at one time method for more knee highs and stockings on the future. Keeps SSS to a minimum but I do seem to have developed leg length lethargy and i've not even arrived at the increases.

One new project which can't be lumped in with my lack of finished objectness is the rogue sweater which I will be casting on as soon as I have Berni's measurements. She also got a knitting menu for her b'day and chose the rogue.

I also managed to trade my soul for an Iphone. I love it. It's even got knitting apps. I do think that raveley should set up an app. If they did, my life would be complete and I would never want for anything ever again.

My evenstar is nearly at an end. Only 900 beads to go, block it, see if it suits me, decide that it doesn't and give it away to someone who will love it and hug it and call it.. Eh......Evenstar?

1 comment:

Maggie Gean said...

Love the Ipod sock, mine has 1 also, not sure it will use up much stash. Good luck with that not casting on until something is done..I gave up on that years ago..and eventually most things here do get done...most of the time.