Friday, August 28, 2009

Sumer Knitting


This might not look very summerish but its a lot lighter to knit than the aran pocket scarf I was knitting for Auntie Joyce.

The aran pocket thing is just to heavy. It even makes my knees sweat when I'm knitting it.

This is for Niece Wies aka the sock monster (see last post). I got a bit frustrated making small thumbless mittens so I frogged and knitted this instead. Its cute isn't it. I've got loads of pink stuff left so I'm going to knit a negative of this and hope that its not too pink for the wee yin.


I think she'll look dead cute in it anyway.














This prime example is of the blue snowflake mittens order by my nephew. they are actually from Selbuvotter. NHM#5 if you really want to know which pattern number etc. The thumb is a pain to knit as its so wee but they turned out very nicely even if I do say so myself. I've still to knit the 2nd thumb but since I've got LFIM stricktreff this afternoon, I reckon they'll be finished sometime today.





My SIL is up next. She's getting Glittens or Spock Gloves as I like to call them. they are very handy things and I think she'll like them. I originally wanted to knit her other gloves but I managed to knit them big enough to fit himself and I know that her hands are a lot bigger than mine but they're not that big. Anyway I'd started them in the wollmeise blaue tinte which I've got loads of and to be honest, that's not really her colour so they got frogged, turned into Neefje Steefje Selbuvotter and she's now getting Wollmeise Rosenrot glittens. Red is much more her colour.



I'm still on my self inflicted yarn kauf verbot but I have just purchased a 2nd hand kromski spinning wheel with accoutriments. I won't be picking it up till mid Sept as soon to be ex-owner is out of town. She's downsizing and getting rid of the wheel and I've always wanted a wheel like that. This of course means that even though I'm on a yarn diet, I won't be on a fibre diet and can then spin my own stuff. There is a way around everything.

Off to LFIM stricktreff now. Lemon Iced Green Tea Frappechino here I come :o)

p.s. its 30° in my office at the moment which isn't as hot as yesterday.

1 comment:

Tammina said...

Cute little dress and mittens. - So nice to hear YOU bought that spinning wheel. I've once seen it at a knit/spin meet.