Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Out of the Dumps

As opposed to down in the dumps.

Apologies to those who actually read my blog and have been getting a bit fed up with October's post. I've been a bit off colour lately but I'm now back to being freckle faced and rosie cheeked so that means more blogging.

I was going to post some piccies from France and Scotland when we were there on our delayed honeymoon but........I managed to lose all of the honeymoon photies so absolutely no piccies of Sean Lamont's bum. I will try to get a couple more close ups of it though in February when I go to see Scotland play France in the 6 nations. My camera/computer decided not to be very compatable and unformated the picture files before they could be saved. Unfortunatley nothing or no-one could re-format them and they got deleted. I was a bit upset to say the least but it was photos mostly of France and Sean Lamont's bum and he's already posed for the stad de france calander for this year and anyone can get piccies of France.

What I did manage to download onto the computer was our piccies of New Year in the middle of nowhere or Fort Augustus to be a bit more accurate. Its the southern most tip of Loch Ness and lies nestled between Fort William and Inverness. Its very picturesque and the way up is pretty spectactular too. I've got some more photies of that which I will post in a bit. The good thing about being in the middle of nowhere is that you have to chill out which I very much needed to do. We did manage to drag our lazy bones to a ceilidh (pronounced Kaylay) which is a proper scottish party on hogmanay (scottish word for new year's eve) and did a bit of hooching and chooching. Joris and Bernie had never been to or seen anything like it in their lives and were mesmerized by the traditional dancing. I even manged to drag Frank up onto the dancefloor a total of 3 times. 2 times for the Gay Gordon's and once for Strip the Willows. Oh and before I get another spam blogger ban, those are the names of 2 of the dances.

I also got some knitting done and my new year's resolution is to stick to projects and get them finished before starting new ones. Actually that resolution was already made before the new year and I've been sticking to it. So far I've finished 1.75 pairs of socks and I'm knitting a jumper for myself in the round as it's a raglan sleeve so easier to do without seams. I like it that way. I'll get round to posting photo's of them soon. My camera doesn't take very good piccies with the flash on. Yet another reason to get a new one.

Anyway here's some of the photo's from Glen Coe and the hills surrounding Loch Ness. The last one is especially for those of you who can read dutch.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photographs and am glad to see you posting again. I wondered what had happened to you.